Home Depot is taking an active part in helping to improve our environment with its new line of products called “eco options.” “Eco Options” is divided into five categories of products. Each product in this line has less of an impact on our environment than competing products. Home Depot specially marks these products so that they are easy to find.
- The first category “sustainable forestry” is composed of wood products that are certified by the FSP (Forest Stewardship Council). This means that all of the wood products come from forests that where responsibly managed by people who took the environment into account when making decisions.
- The next category, “energy efficient” refers to solar and energy star products that use a lot less energy than the leading product. Because they use less energy, these products will greatly reduce the greenhouse gas emissions emitted into the air and save you a lot of money.
- “Healthy Home” is made up of environmentally safe garden products and household cleaners.
- “Clean Air” are products you can place in your home to improve air and help reduce emissions that contribute to climate change. These products include paints and Energy Star filters and heaters.
- “Water” Conservation” are products that use water efficiently.